Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Painting for me

Painting for me

Posted by Heriberto Fuentes

Painting has always been more of a passion than a hobby for me and it was only a matter of time before I made it my business. It’s hard to survive off art nowadays but the good news is, I found a way to make it possible. I opened my own gallery in San Antonio last year and it’s been the best thing ever – I get to paint in the back and I actually have two other stalls that I rent out to other artists so they can work, too! I had already put in a flat screen with DirectStarTV so I could watch TV while I worked since the background noise is soothing to me and they didn’t seem to mind. The extra income they bring in is great and I’m really happy I thought to leave some space open for painters. Anyway, it’s been nice having a clean workspace and doing this all day every day for a living rather than dragging myself into that God forsaken cubicle day after day after day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment